Stone Soup 0.21.2 (20180805) †
Bugfix Release †
- Shock serpent retaliation now properly checks rElec.
- No more errors on autofight commands when using ranged weapons or polearms.
- Fix a bug that led to Ru sacrifices not consistently giving promised piety.
- Fix many cases of "mid cache bogosity" errors involving Beogh followers.
- Training xl estimates in item descriptions are now more accurate.
- Compilation under Msys2 is now *really* fixed.
- Autotravel will no longer try to take shortcuts through hell.
- 70 other bugfixes and cleanups.
Stone Soup 0.21.1 (20180201) †
Bugfix Release †
- Dith shadow mimic of launcher attacks no longer copies the enchant and ego of the launcher.
- Monsters lose constriction by Borgnjor's Vile Clutch when they are moved by any means.
- Formicids can now manually cancel digging, allowing them to use Wu Jian's Wall Jump ability after digging.
- Wu Jian's Wall Jump ability now works under silence.
- New splash screen art.
- Numlock on Windows systems no longer causes unpredictable repeating movement.
- Alt-F4 no longer causes freezing in Tiles on Windows systems.
- Resizing the local Tiles window during prompts no longer causes crashes.
- SDL 2 contrib updated to 2.0.7, which fixes compilation under Msys2.
Stone Soup 0.21 (20180105) †
- New species: Gnolls
- New god: Wu Jian Council
- New spell: Borgnjor's Vile Clutch
Branches, Environment †
- The rate at which unique Pan lord levels appear in Pandemonium is increased.
- Transporters now have a 'landing site' that indicates their destination.
- The Hellbinder and Cloud Mage Wizlabs have been revamped to give greater and more varied challenges as well as improved loot.
- New species: Gnolls, with extremely high aptitudes for all skills, but an inability to focus: Gnolls always train all skills equally, regardless of whether they have the requisite items or spells.
- Ogres now have better aptitudes in shortblades, longblades, and axes.
- New (temple) god: Wu Jian Council
- Grants free 'martial' attacks from certain movement actions:
- 0*: Moving toward an enemy triggers 'Lunge', which attacks the enemy and does extra damage.
- 1*: Moving between tiles adjacent to a monster triggers 'Whirlwind', which attacks all adjacent foes and 'pins' them, preventing one turn of movement.
- 2*: Moving against solid obstacles triggers a two-turn Wall Jump, moving two tiles in the opposite direction and attacking any adjacent enemies.
- This ability can also be triggered via an (a)bility, and the movement-based mode can be disabled using `wall_jump_move = false` in your rc file for more careful play.
- 3*: Active 'Serpent's Lash' ability, granting two free movement actions, of which any martial actions will never miss.
- 5*: Active 'Heavenly Storm' ability, creating opaque clouds and increasing your martial prowess while you continue to use 'martial' attacks.
- Piety is gained through defeating foes.
- Gozag Potion Petition no longer offers haste/berserk potions for species that can't haste/berserk.
- Zin blocks 100% of mutations at 6* piety. At that piety level, potions of mutation now only remove mutations and don't cause piety loss.
- Zin no longer has a mutation removal one-time ability at 6* piety.
- Makhleb's Minor Destruction has slightly lowered range, and Makhleb's Major Destruction has slightly increased range.
- Players can now set training targets for skills.
- Press = on the skill screen, select a skill, and enter a skill level.
- Training of that skill is disabled when it reaches the specified level.
- Water species except for merfolk autoexplore/travel through shallow water.
- Diagonal shift-running now stops properly at doors.
- Draconian players now show their hat tiles in Tiles/WebTiles.
- New 'tc_forbidden' RC option to set color of squares forbidden by travel.
- New xp_by_level morgue table to track XP sources on a per-level basis.
- New -force-map objstat/mapstat option to always place a given map on each level.
- New objstat fields for tracking monster numbers/XP from vaults.
- Many new tiles for artefact weapons and monsters.
- Wands of the same type merge charges upon pickup and wands have no cap on charges.
- Wands identify charges upon pickup and are destroyed when their last charge is used.
- Items in a doorways no longer prevent closing doors in most instances.
- Items get pushed out of the doorway when the player closes the door.
- Doors refuse to close only if the items would fall into deep water or lava.
- Potions of mutations remove fewer mutations on average and are a bit rarer.
- Fan of Gales now disperses clouds at the user's location.
- Un-equipping an item currently giving you invisibility now gives extra contamination.
- Rods of lightning XP-recharge even when only partially used and only grant a power bonus for shots over consecutive turns.
- Scarves are never made as artefacts.
- Wands of random effects include malmutate in the set of possible effects.
- Permanent food has been simplified.
- Rations are now the only type of permanent food, replacing bread and meat rations, fruit, and royal jelly.
- Ration item generation and well as the herbivore and carnivore mutations have been balanced to keep available nutrition the same as before.
- Fedhas abilities that formerly required a piece of fruit instead require two rations.
- Wands of confusion and lightning.
- Scrolls of recharging.
- Mutagenic chunks.
- Monsters no longer spawn after level-generation in most places.
- This also eliminates the "super OOD" timer that could generate exceptionally hard monsters after a long time on the level.
- The number of monsters created during level generation is increased slightly to compensate.
- Pandemonium and Abyss are unaffected by this change.
- A fraction of the monsters generated with a level are created awake, but never near stairs.
- Air elementals now have a Vortex ability, which creates a short-range, short-duration tornado effect.
- Player ghosts have normal speed regardless of species, never have a chaos ego on their melee attack, and no longer generate in portal branches.
- Pandemonium lords can no longer have the Shatter spell.
- New spell: Borgnjor's Vile Clutch (L5 Necromancy/Earth); calls forth undead hands from the earth over a smite-targeted area to constrict hostile monsters. Appears in the Necromancer starting book, the book of Unlife, and the book of Dreams.
- Shatter's damage has been simplified to use one of three dice values for susceptibility, and can now slightly damage insubstantial monsters. Intrinsic player/monster susceptibility takes precedence for damage over flight status.
- Lee's Rapid Deconstruction now gives each material type a fixed explosion damage and size that doesn't increase when a wall is destroyed.
- Control Undead.
- Cigotuvi's Embrace.
Last-modified: 2018-08-07 (火) 17:41:56